Ready in: 1 hour 35 minutes (15 minutes Prep – 20 minutes Cook)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 150g (6 oz) fresh scallops
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 fresh green chillies, seeded
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 50g fresh Irish Pride White & Wholemeal Sandwich breadcrumbs
- 1 (250g) tin tuna, drained
- 1 (200g) tin prawns, drained
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in scallops; cook, turning until white on all sides. Drain, and set scallops aside to cool.
- Place into a food processor the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Then add parsley, basil leaves, chillies and Italian seasoning. Pulse on medium setting until finely chopped. Place scallops, tuna and prawns into food processor, and pulse on low. Gradually pour in Irish Pride White & Wholemeal Sandwich breadcrumbs, continuing to pulse until the mixture becomes firm and slightly sticky but is not pureed to a paste (the seafood should maintain some texture).
- Form the mixture into palm-size patties, about 2.5cm (1 in) thick. Place on a plate, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dredge patties lightly in flour; shake off excess flour, and place patties in pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Substitute salmon, crab or sole to create a variety of delicious alternatives.