Homemade Fish Fingers & Wedges
- 1 egg, beaten,
- 3 slices of Irish Pride Sandwich
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 400g of white fish such as cod or hake
- 4 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat an oven to 200 degrees.
- Blend the Irish Pride Sandwich bread slices to make breadcrumbs then tip onto a plate and mix the lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper into the bread crumbs.
- Cut the fish into strips and dip into the egg, then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Brush a baking tray with the olive oil and then top with the fish fingers.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until golden. For the wedges: Cut 4 baking potatoes into wedges and sprinkle with smoked paprika and olive oil.
- These can be baked along side the fish fingers.
For the side:
- Mix the mayonnaise with the juice of the lemon to make a lemony mayonnaise.