- 1 1/2 x 411g jars luxury mincemeat
- Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 50g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 50g fresh Irish Pride Sandwich Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Empty the mincemeat into a large bowl and, using a wooden spoon, stir in the grated orange zest and brandy.
- Sift the self-raising flour and spice together and stir into the mincemeat mixture with the breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the beaten egg.
- Spoon into a greased 900ml pudding basin, cover with a circle of pleated greaseproof paper, then a circle of foil and tie around the rim of the basin with string to secure.
- Loop the string over and tie at the other side to make handles.
- Put the pudding basin on an upturned saucer in a large, deep pan, and pour in boiling water until it comes halfway up the side of the pudding basin.
- Cover and steam for 3 hours, topping up the water level occasionally.
- Alternatively, cover loosely with greaseproof paper and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a serving plate, dust with icing sugar.